Member of the EVE Tweet Fleet

Friday 27 November 2009

0.0 day 1 & 2

Applications & Interviews
I've been thinking of moving into a 0.0 corp for a while, it was always my 'plan' to get stuck into the general to'ing and fro'ing of nullsec space and fuelled by stories from forums, blogs and podcasts I started hunting for a Corp that would accept a sub 2mil SP character like me.
This in itself is not an easy task.
Not only are you rubbish at...well everything but you're always going to look like a spy alt trying to get in just to ruin intel channels or pass back fleet info to your 'main'. Luckily I am deft at the art of multi-tab web browsing and soon enough I started compiling a list of possible candidates.
I knew from RvB I liked the small scale skirmish stuff, and for a while I toyed with the idea of Pirating (thanks in no small part to a few certain blogs) but I thought that might make it tricky if I ever wanted to leave so I'm dismissing the life of yaaar for now.
Small skirmish, hit and run, I like Rifters, cloaking's just cool. It was all pointing one way TBH so I joined a few Ushra'khan recruitment channels started chatting and waited to see what happened.
MSCS was the first to get in touch with me and I chatted to one of their recruitment guys for a good while about this n that. I was unsure how it was going for a while but i was well aware I probably looked pretty suspect so I tried to stay upbeat about it and kept answering any questions as truthfully as I could.
I didnt have much of a sales pitch TBH "I'm a noob, I've got naff all skills, I want to be part of a 0.0 corp and I'm not afraid to get podded" was pretty much all I could offer.
Eventually I got a provisional thumbs up and I went away cautiously happy.

Day 0
Today was the big day, moving from the RvB hunting ground of Tourier/Alentene to the system I'd been told to get to ready for my big move to 0.0.
It was a long way to go so I doubted I'd be back for a while so I spammed the local markets with sell orders (its surprising how much stuff you accumulate in such a short time) moving from one system to the next selling everything I couldn't carry. Loaded up my Thrasher with all the stuff that might be useful (small AC turrets,MWD's, AB's, warp scramblers etc.) waved one last goodbye to Tourier III and set the destination to Agil.
It took all night to sell up and move, about 5 bloody hours. I can add logistics to the list of Eve careers I don't like..
 
Day 1
There I am floating in space with a jump gate right infront of me and a warning box pops up. I let out a breath and inhale slowly before klicking okay.
"welcome to nullsec" pops up in fleet chat.
I've never been in 0.0 space before, infact I've only been in lowsec 3-4 times and at least 2 of them were short dashes to get somewhere, so its safe to say I am now kacking my pants and feel like I have a big noob target painted on the top of my ship.

One of the guys in my new corp, Rye Contini, guides me through space zipping off and cloaking while I just feel like a rabbit in the headlights just hoping I can get to where we're going with my cargo of odds and ends before a blob appears out of nowhere and vaporises my pod which is what I believe happens in nullsec all the time.

Its a day of first, I get to use a jump bridge and I see a POS as well (yes I know that's pretty weak but I'd not seen a POS before) but I kept my eyes glued on fleet chat as Rye walked me to my new home thankfully still in my ship. I docked and updated my clone location before relaxing.

But just a little.


"oh and read these guides" Yeah I saw that coming but I'll welcome anything that helps me not get podded (as much).


I wanted to do something before I logged off so I dumped the stuff I had into station and went ratting, it was always a pretty safe income before and I was skint so I picked a belt and warped off.
Holly kack the rats are big out here. First spawn was a couple of Battleships with support. Lucky I warped in at 100. As I started to get agro of the, now approaching, Battleships I warped back to station.

Maybe I've bitten off more than I can chew with this whole 0.0 idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment